Skip to content
- University of South Carolina, Columbia, S.C
MLIS, Master of Library & Information Science
Graduated May 2004
University of S.C. is an ALA Accredited University
- University of North Carolina-Greensboro, Greensboro, N.C.
Department of Library & Information Studies – Distance Learning
Completed three courses in 2001-02 and then transferred to U.S.C. when we moved to Charleston, S.C.
- The Southern Baptist Theological Seminary, Louisville, Ky.
Master of Arts in Christian Education with an added emphasis in Music Leadership
- Gardner-Webb University, Boiling Springs, N.C.
Bachelor of Arts in Music Education
- Have served in schools with 300-2,700 students and 35-250 staff members
- Have worked in elementary schools and high schools. Elementary school included 6th graders one year
- Served in high poverty school (99% free lunch / 99% African-American)
- Collaborate with and support the staff in integrating technology and information literacy into their curriculum
- Prepare and lead lessons to classes on research, online databases, citation, plagiarism/copyright law, etc.
- Assist and train students and staff on using catalog, computers, software and the Internet
- Troubleshooting computers
- In addition to coordinating Media Center, performed in a variety of roles including: Webmaster, inventory specialist, co-produce student news show, key communicator (public relations and marketing), volunteer
coordinator, make weekly ‘Connect Ed’ calls to parents, and more
- Named ‘Key Communicator’ of Year for Charlotte Mecklenburg Schools in 2009
- Named ‘Teacher of the Year’ at Chicora Elementary in 2003
- Provided computer classes for parents and grandparents and gave used computers to those who completed the class
- Represented Chicora Elementary at the national ‘America’s Choice’ convention in L.A. in 2004 and made a presentation about the parent/grandparent computer class