Vision of ESL/ESOL Role
English As Second Language teacher provides students with the vocabulary and grammatical stuctures needed for both school performance and everyday living.
Works with classroom teachers to develop a support structure and curriculum to ensure ESL students’ success.
Licenses / Certifications
- Certified to teach ESOL / ESL in North Carolina.
- Passed the ‘Eng to Speakers of Other Languages’ Praxis (0361) on 09/21/2013
- Passed the ‘Principles of Learning & Teaching K-6′ Praxis (0522) on 03/06/04.
- Completed UNCW’s ELMS Project ‘ESL Professional Development Course’ in November 2013.
- Completed Charlotte-Mecklenburg School Districts’s ELL Strategies Cohort / ESOL/ESL Praxis Preparation in January 2014
Creative, patient, encouraging and organized teacher – experienced working with ESL, Exceptional Children and high poverty students
Flexible and versatile – easy to get along with and able to maintain calm and a sense of humor under pressure.
Thrive in deadline-driven environments. Ability to handle a number of tasks efficiently and effectively. Excellent team-building skills
Expert computer user and computer teacher – fluent with teaching resources, computer operating systems, software and Internet use (for search, research, Web 2.0, etc.)
Motivated, dependenable, personable and hard working educator with a successful track record in communication, education, in bookstore management and in church work